Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the restaurant kitchen, encompassing operational duties and financial responsibilities, providing leadership and management of kitchen staff, and growing and developing the product and profitability of the food items.
- Menu design and direct food preparation, production and control for all food for breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service, pool service, spa service, banquets, weddings, amenities, etc.
- Exhibit culinary talents by personally performing day-to-day tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions
- Ensure exceptional quality of all ingredients, preparation, and plating of food items
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit
- Coordinate the selection, training, coaching, development, motivation, and evaluation of employees to ensure exceptional service for our guests
- Be visible in the restaurant, providing recognition to guests, promoting positive public relations, handling special requests
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by local, state & federal Health Department regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and its equipment.
- Monitor and maintain use of safe food handling procedures as well as a safe working environment by using correct food handling skills and food safety guidelines.
- Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team. Positive, honest and energetic work ethic.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- High school or Culinary Certificate or Degree by an accredited culinary agency preferred.
- Serve Safe Certification.
- The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in 5-star / deluxe hotel operation with knowledge of most international and domestic dishes.
- Able to deliver and exceed the expectations of highly demanding and luxury profile clientele.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
Department: Food & Beverage Back of House
This is a management position
This is a full time position