Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked tropical fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Northeast region of the Auberge Resorts Collection currently comprises three exquisite properties that epitomize the charm and sophistication of New England hospitality. The Mayflower Inn and Spa (where this role is based), an exquisite country retreat in the idyllic town of Washington, Connecticut. The Vanderbilt, a vintage mansion in the heart of Newport, Rhode Island, just minutes from the charming waterfront. And the White Barn Inn, an inviting hideaway in the beautiful coastal town of Kennebunkport, Maine, with its renowned-award winning restaurant. More properties are anticipated in the future as we grow and restructure to meet future needs.
Join our team as an Executive Chef for the Mayflower Inn & Spa, overseeing all aspects of the restaurant kitchen. Encompassing operational duties and financial responsibilities, providing leadership and management of kitchen staff, and growing and developing the product and profitability of the food items.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done Within the Auberge family, our leaders our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Exhibit culinary talents by personally performing day-to-day tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions
- Menu design and execution
- Ensure exceptional quality of all ingredients, preparation, and plating of food items
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit
- Coordinate the selection, training, coaching, development, motivation, and evaluation of employees to ensure exceptional service for our guests
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by local, state & federal Health Department regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and its equipment.
- Culinary Certificate or Degree by an accredited culinary agency preferred.
- Serve Safe Certification.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a luxury hotel operation with knowledge of most international and domestic dishes.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
It is important to us that our leaders maintain the trust of the GMs, managers and team members at the hotel properties, and that they are regarded as fair, reasonable, approachable, and honest. Our leaders are passionate about both guest satisfaction and staff welfare. We use initiative and good judgment to solve problems in a calm and collaborative manner. We are committed to excellence, to meeting and exceeding all performance standards. We try to be emotionally consistent, even-tempered and calm in challenging situations. We are empathetic and culturally sensitive, respectful of individual differences. We nurture and coach our people, helping each other achieve our goals and potential. And we act with personal professionalism and integrity at all times.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Department: Food & Beverage Back of House
This is a management position
This is a full time position