WHY THIS JOB EXISTS
To serve the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring outstanding dining at all times.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Mayflower Inn & Spa colleagues always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards according to portion standards, within the specific time frame, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the Mayflower standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover date all perishables.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean all the kitchen equipment.
- Use safe food handling procedures and maintain a safe working environment by using proper food handling skills and food safety guidelines
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis including weekends and Holidays according to department needs.
- Always avoid waste and poor handling of supplies to prevent the cost increase.
- Ensure Quality At all times by ensuring that the recipe guides are followed and that all the dishes are consistent.
- Keep your work area Safe and Clean at all times
- Check the Mise en place at all times and verify that it is ready for service
- Give Positive feedback and be positive to all members of the team
- Be on time, ready to work and be an example to follow for team members
- Keep your uniform, work storage areas clean and in good condition.
- The ideal candidate possesses a minimum of 3-years experience in food service/hospitality.
- Culinary Certificate or Degree preferred.
- ServSafe Certification is necessary.
- Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team. Positive, honest and energetic work ethic.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and to read the recipe cards.
- Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours and be able to lift up, push, and pull at least 50 pounds.
We offer a competitive hourly rate based on experience, comprehensive benefits for full-time employees (vacation time, personal time, holiday pay, health, dental, discounts on food & beverage and friends & family rate).
Department: Food & Beverage Back of House
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position