WHY THIS JOB EXISTS
To serve the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Mayflower Inn & Spa colleagues always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Develop all recipes in the Pastry department
- Design menu for restaurant desserts, amenities, weddings, and larger events
- Maintain an inventory of ingredients, while striving to achieve cost-efficiency for the hotel
- Hire and train the Pastry team; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by local, state & federal Health Department regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and its equipment and manage the sanitation practices of those in your department
- Be fully knowledgeable about daily hotel and restaurant bookings as well as all guest notes and preferences. Utilize guest notes to provide personalized experiences for all guests.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure clear and concise communication on all reports, functions and guest notes for the day.
- Bachelor's degree in Pastry OR four or more years of experience in a Pastry kitchen
- Two or more years Managing a Pastry department
- ServSafe Certified.
- Have a positive, high energy, friendly, enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude.
- Professional, reliable, organized and efficient, with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle high pressure and volume, and work quickly.
- Excellent communication skills
Department: Food & Beverage Back of House
This is a management position
This is a full time position