Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as a Spa Manager for the Mayflower Inn & Spa, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by managing the Spa department. Ensuring the most memorable guest experiences by assisting the Director of Spa and Wellness in Spa operations.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Provide overall spa leadership, maintaining the highest quality of spa & beauty treatments to drive guest satisfaction.
- Understands the impact of the department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Manage/train and hire all front desk and reservation staff.
- Assist Director of Spa and Wellness overseeing Housekeeping department
- Maintain an up to date version of the Spa Procedures manual and ensure compliance at the front desk and reservations.
- Support and work with Lead Massage Therapist to maximize sales and therapists’ availability.
- Consistently strive to improve personal guest service performance by applying 5* standards by testing staff to ensure they are up to compliance (ex: role-playing).
- Anticipate, identify and ensure the guest’s needs are being met in the best possible way.
- Guide staff to become caring problem solvers, cooperative, accommodating and fair.
- Apply /reinforce the company’s policies on a daily basis.
- Ensure guest’s and members' needs are consistently met in a courteous and timely fashion.
- Monitor sales operations in order to minimize losses utilizing a set of policies and standards.
- Maximize sales according to Spa product availability.
- Actively present in Spa public areas to engage with guests and generate additional business.
- Coordinate spa services and fitness programs for groups.
- Manage staff and client scheduling for maximum revenue generation and profitability.
- Effectively administer, create and monitor Staff scheduling in order to prevent overspending.
- Monitor and maximize schedule daily in order to improve sales and minimize expenses.
- Manage supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Spa and Wellness in his/her absence.
- Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment, and uniforms.
- Brings issues to the attention of the Director of Spa and Wellness.
- Work as an active member of the management team. Creating professional relationships and active involvement with all hotel operations, including but not limited to; daily, and weekly management meetings, and support to all team members, including Manager on Duty Shifts.
- Minimum of two years’ Managing or Supervising Hotel Spa operations.
- Proven track record of Sales.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Mayflower Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Mayflower Inn & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mayflower Inn & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position