Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked tropical fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as a Food & Beverage Director for the Mayflower Inn & Spa, overseeing all Front of House aspects of the Food & Beverage outlets. Encompassing operational duties and financial responsibilities, providing leadership and management of your team, and ensuring the quality of product and level of service results in superb guest experience.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Within the Auberge family, our leaders our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Lead and analyze guest satisfaction, quality of service, sales, costs, quality and presentation of food and beverage products, service standards, condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment.
- Maintain the highest levels of guest service and develop a rapport with both the hotel guests and the local clientele, meeting and greeting guests at the Restaurant, and handling guest complaints effectively and pleasantly.
- Maintain a position of customer advocacy with staff ensuring Mayflower Inn & Spa / Forbes standards are continually met.
- Conduct regular walk-throughs for maintenance in restaurants to continuously maintain or improve the physical properties
- Lead the training and education of the service staff in products and services, and assist F&B management in reaching and exceeding the goals for sales in the restaurant.
- Perform reviews of all service staff on an annual basis.
Planning and Organizing:
- Work with the Finance department to create a departmental budget, then monitor and maintain the food & beverage cost in line with budgeted and forecasted projections. Achieving the budgeted or projected departmental Gross Operating Profit on an annual basis
- Maintains knowledge of trends, systems, practices, and equipment in food and beverage through trade literature, hotel shows, site visits, and monitoring local competitors to compare their operation with the hotel’s Food and Beverage operation.
- Develop Food and Beverage goals, strategies, procedures and policies including offering guests great value in their beverage experience in accordance with the hotel’s guidelines and developing promotional events to further stimulate sales and achieve monthly goals.
- Oversee that the management of daily end of day reports for the restaurant are handled properly by the appropriate managers.
- Work as an active member of the management team. Creating professional relationships and active involvement with all hotel operations, including but not limited to; daily, and weekly management meetings, and support to all team members, including Manager on Duty Shifts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or related field
- Five or more years’ operating experience in a luxury hotel Food & Beverage department.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations
- Experience in completing administrative tasks, to include, reporting, budgeting, project management, etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Mayflower Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Mayflower Inn & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mayflower Inn & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food & Beverage Front of House
This is a management position
This is a full time position