Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked tropical fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as an Assitant Director of Finance for the Mayflower Inn & Spa, responsible for all financial aspects of the daily management of the hotel.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Within the Auberge family, our leaders our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting internal audits.
- Conduct monthly financial reviews with the GM and hotel executive committee.
- Work side by side with GM and executive committee on labor and expense control.
- Prepare P&L variance reports monthly to include detailed analysis with department heads.
- Be a key participant in monthly and yearly reviews with owner/asset manager to include budget and forecasting in addition to monthly financial reporting and commentary.
- Prepare the annual budget with the General Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual capital expenditure budget.
- Work with the executive committee to achieve budgeted objectives.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements and filing financial business/annual reports.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Follow strict adherence to financial and operational internal control systems.
- Work closely with regional shared service accounting team to ensure accurate daily reporting, weekly flash reports, inventory and membership billing.
- Participate in month-end close, to include bank reconciliations, review accuracy of invoice coding.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Hospitality or equivalent experience in a hotel environment.
- 3+ years of progressively more responsible experience as an Assistant Director of Finance in an upscale, market-leading hotel.
- Proven expertise in financial accounting, budgeting, team management, and development.
- Previous work experience in luxury properties
Minimal travel required/occasional trips to a shared service office in Maine recommended but not required.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Mayflower Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Mayflower Inn & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mayflower Inn & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food & Beverage Front of House
This is a management position
This is a full time position