Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for overseeing all installation, repair and upkeep operations of the hotel's facilities. Ensuring guest and colleague comfort and safety at all times.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
Planning and Organizing:
- To ensure that the Brand is protected, to ensure that all guests are surprised and delighted by their on-property experience.
- To comply with all statutory and legal requirements for fire and health and safety licensing.
- Plan and manage all preventative maintenance work, new projects, extensions, and renovations in a way that impacts the guest experience the least.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Continually monitor the responsible use of energy, water, sewer for the hotel to implement measures resulting in energy cost savings.
- To prepare the Engineering budget for the property and provide the Engineering input for hotel strategic and operational planning exercises.
- Work as an active member of the management team. Creating professional relationships and active involvement with all hotel operations, including but not limited to; daily, and weekly management meetings, and support to all team members, including Manager on Duty Shifts.
- Provide in-house mechanical and electrical servicing, repair and maintenance using well-trained, presentable personnel carrying out maintenance work in an efficient, discreet and guest-friendly manner.
- Carry out continuous inspections to ensure the highest level of guest comfort is maintained and that all services are in proper working condition.
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are prioritized and are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Develop and supervise a team of technically proficient and generally helpful technicians to carry out all maintenance and repair work to standard with technical specifications.
- Acts as a Project Manager between hotel and outside contractors or technical services on major projects.
- Coordinate with Regional Leadership on facility needs as part of ongoing Capital Planning
- Oversee and coordinate mechanical repairs, transportation preventative maintenance and ground/landscaping teams for seasonal tasks.
- Ensure the Fire system is operating properly and train the Maintenance team as well as key team members, i.e. Night Audit on fire emergency protocol
- Certified in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Must have proven experience and a solid understanding of plumbing, HVAC, electric, spa and pool utilities, and carpentry.
- Five years’ operating experience in the engineering department of a hotel or closely related industry.
- Must be familiar with the operations and priorities of all other hotel operating departments.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations
- Experience in completing administrative tasks, to include, reporting, budgeting, project management, etc.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Mayflower Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Mayflower Inn & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mayflower Inn & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position