Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked tropical fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as an Executive Sous Chef for the Mayflower Inn & Spa, overseeing all aspects of the restaurant kitchen. Encompassing operational duties and financial responsibilities, providing leadership and management of kitchen staff, and growing and developing the product and profitability of the food items.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done Within the Auberge family, our leaders our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Assist the Executive Chef in the day to day operations of the kitchen.
- Oversee all banquet events including involvement in menu development and execution
- Support the Executive Chef in leading the kitchen team in the direction of food preparation, production, and control for all food for breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service, pool service, banquets, events, and amenities.
- Prepare and assist the kitchen team for all meal periods and events while ensuring the exceptional quality of all ingredients, preparation, and plating of food items is delivered.
- Support the Executive Chef in training and developing the team in their culinary skills.
- Assist the Executive Chef in controlling labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, up to date pricing and inventory control while focusing on cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit.
- Identify product needs and requisition items needed to prepare the menus.
- Notify the Executive Chef in advance of any expected shortages and address purchase orders when required.
- Conduct and participate in pre-meal and weekly F&B meetings.
- Be fully knowledgeable about daily hotel and restaurant bookings as well as all guest notes and preferences. Utilize guest notes to provide personalized experiences for all guests.
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by local, state & federal Health Department regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and its equipment and manage the sanitation practices of those in your department.
- Culinary Certificate or Degree
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience in a luxury or fine dining setting
- Experience in completing administrative tasks, to include, reporting, budgeting, project management, etc.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Mayflower Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Mayflower Inn & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mayflower Inn & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food & Beverage Back of House
This is a management position
This is a management positions position