Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as a Bar Supervisor for the Mayflower Inn & Spa, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by creating and managing an outstanding beverage program.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Recruit, interview, hire and train bar staff
- Interact with customers to develop loyalty and handle customer concerns
- Ensure all licenses are current including health, safety, and liquor
- Ensure staff is following all food control and safety regulations
- Create employee schedules based on expected customer numbers
- Ensure the bar is profitable by analyzing liquor costs versus sales
- Provides training to the entire service team
- Work with liquor vendors to develop new productions or promotions for the bar
- Set and maintain standards for safe food handling, cleanliness, and safety
- Negotiate with vendors, order supplies, manage inventories and budgets
- Great interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to hire, train, manage and schedule staff
- Extensive knowledge of liquor, bartending and service protocols in a luxury environment
- Solid organizational skills and facility with budgets, inventories and negotiating prices with vendors
- Great sales skills and talent for developing promotions or new products
- Be a natural leader with a positive demeanor and a sense of adventure who regularly enjoys customers’ contact and exceeding guest’s expectations.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Mayflower Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Mayflower Inn & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mayflower Inn & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food & Beverage Front of House
This is a hourly positions position