Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Experience Curator is responsible for initiating, facilitating, and guiding well-designed and creatively curated guest and team experiences unique to our property through adventures, activities, classes, amenities, product selection, partner alignment, and space activation.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Develop an annual events calendar for the property, based on our Journey Map.
- Planning, leading and guiding inter-departmental execution of special events and weekly activities, events, classes, and programs that allow guests to maximally experience the property's values and create lasting memories.
- Develop daily rituals that bring the Mayflower spirit alive for its guests and the local community.
- Curate design elements for use in Resort spaces, retail, and amenity offerings.
- Creating, executing, teaching, and standardizing presentation and execution of guest offerings.
- Activating event spaces in well-designed and intentional ways to create relevant, unprecedented, and memorable guest experiences.
- Establish relationships with local partners and vendors to initiate and enhance our unique brand story.
- Align Mayflower with strong brand partners to solidify our messaging in the local community as well as the global luxury resort market, and to present a consistently attractive brand image to existing and potential guests.
- Create visual and physical content to support the marketing of the experiences. This could include photo shoots, copywriting, graphic design, etc.
- Coordinate with Talent and Culture to ensure that our Team training program epitomizes Mayflower and Auberge values and brings the property Journey Map to life for employees.
- Maintain cooperative relationships and open lines of communication with leaders of operational departments to ensure concept execution of programming and product offerings
- Maintain confidentiality and security of specified resort information, correspondence, reports and files
- Identify opportunities to further improve, customize, or personalize a guest's experience
- Ability to travel as required for the scope of the role.
- Two - Five years of work experience in a creative field, and previous leadership experience.
- Track record of success with developing and executing personalized experiences: possibly including coordinating events and activities, programming, retail, and/or interior design.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, ideally in Design, Marketing, Public Relations, or a combination of these.
- Be a natural entrepreneurial leader with a positive demeanor and a sense of adventure.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Mayflower Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Mayflower Inn & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mayflower Inn & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position