Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as a Front Desk Agent for the Mayflower Inn & Spa, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring outstanding dining at all times.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Ensure the guest experience meets or exceeds all Mayflower Inn & Spa / Forbes quality and service standards from Check-in to Check-out. This includes but is not limited to;
- Preparing all necessary documents, such as registration cards, spa treatments, and restaurant confirmation, as well as any other item that may support efficient and timely check-in/out processes.
- Ensuring that any Guest preferences (i.e. Bespoke Options and/or Experiences, Room specifics) are recorded on the Opera guest history page and are well introduced to the appropriate departments for follow up.
- Escorting guests to their room, Dining Room, Bathroom, etc.
- Responding promptly and tactfully to any Guest complaint that may arise.
- Ensuring correct billing arrangement is provided according to Front Desk policies and procedures.
- Making sure that any irregularities and discrepancies are recorded on the departmental logbook and brought to the attention of the MOD and/or General Manager.
- Act as an ambassador of the hotel by providing Guests any reservation, information, amenities, area attractions, spa, and dining booking, as needed.
- Organize and maintain the Front Desk counter, ensuring that all materials and supplies are readily available and accessible to expedite smooth departmental out procedures.
- Is familiar with all Mayflower facilities so to be able to address, assist, and actively sell services to guests.
- Ensure that an adequate amount of money, either coins or notes, is available during the shift so to accommodate cash transactions.
- Must maintain excellent relationships within the Front Office Department and must familiarize oneself with the operations and priorities of all other hotel operating departments.
- Three years’ experience at a hotel
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Mayflower Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Mayflower Inn & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mayflower Inn & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Front Desk, Executive
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position