Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as an Engineer for the Mayflower Inn & Spa, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by maintaining the grounds and the facilities around the hotel.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
- Assure each day's activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards
- Troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment (e.g., pump and motor replacement), plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical equipment including lamps, extension cords, gas fireplaces, vacuum cleaners, electrical switches and outlets, and other guest room items
- Assist with surface preparation and painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement
- Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work
- Perform entry - mid-level troubleshooting of hotel Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems
- Regular grounds and landscape maintenance by mowing lawns with riding or push mowers; trimming and edging around trees, shrubs, ground cover, flowers, sidewalks, and buildings; weeding, thinning and cleaning flower beds and other grounds by hand or utilizing proper tools and equipment
- General maintenance and repairs by installing, removing, repairing and maintaining landscape lighting, signs, cables, chains, gates, posts, fences, and rock walls
- Remove unsightly trash and debris from public areas by regularly inspecting grounds for debris; raking, sweeping and bagging leaves, debris, dirt, and trash from driveway and sidewalks transporting the trash to designated central collection points on a daily basis.
- Additional duties such as cleaning areas in the spa and hotel public areas as instructed by the leadership of the hotel
- Display solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks
- 1-2 years experience in a Maintenance role or similar
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Mayflower Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Mayflower Inn & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mayflower Inn & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position