Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for providing guidance and day to day management of the housekeeping department.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Organize and manage the cleaning of guestrooms in accordance with Mayflower Inn & Spa / Forbes standards.
- Organize and supervise the cleaning of common areas as well as other work areas as required by the Management.
- Check rooms upon arrival, occupied, and during turndown service to maintain Mayflower Inn & Spa / Forbes standards.
- Complete staff schedule.
- Maintain close and efficient communication with the Maintenance team and management, in order to ensure that the hotel product is constantly kept in excellent condition.
- Monitor stocks and perform regular inventories of all housekeeping supplies, amenities, linen, and tools, making sure that staff has any necessary items to perform their assignments at their best.
- Follow and supervise safe operational procedures in regard to the use of cleaning chemicals.
- Develop a positive relationship with guests and team members, whilst remaining professional and service orientated at all times.
- Implement all aspects of departmental training on-the-job functions.
- Train all new housekeeping staff members.
- Maintain the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and expenses for all pre and post events.
- Work as an active member of the management team. Creating professional relationships and active involvement with all hotel operations, including but not limited to; daily, and weekly management meetings, and support to all team members, including Manager on Duty Shifts.
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching, and development
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations
- Experience with Forbes standards
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Mayflower Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Mayflower Inn & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mayflower Inn & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position