Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Located in the idyllic town of Washington in Connecticut, Mayflower Inn & Spa is an exquisite country retreat, nestled in 58 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens and woodland. Just two hours’ drive from New York City, it is renowned as one of northeast America’s most distinguished luxury hideaways. Memories are made easily when you stay at our boutique hotel in Litchfield County, a portal to a simpler time, where the definitive measure of the good life is in soul-stirring moments rooted in the idyllic countryside.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates.
Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Work with the F&B team in the planning of the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all restaurants and bars to achieve a profitable result.
- Participate with the Chef in the creation of attractive menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Ensure effective control of beverage and labor costs among a ll sub-departments.
- Assist all team members in achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer satisfaction of the food & beverage revenue centers.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the team members in the food and beverage department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department, which will provide well-trained employees at all levels and permit advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career development.
- Participate in Manager On Duty coverage requiring constant monitoring throughout the hotel and trouble shooting problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in field or equivalent College Degree required. Culinary, sales and service background required.
Previous experience as a Food & Beverage Manager of a high end restaurant or group and hotel experience preferred
- TIPS Certified
- Food Handlers certification mandatory
- First Aid training preferred
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Mayflower is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Vanderbilt provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,THe Vanderbilt complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position