Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts and 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
A Central Coast legend reborn. From its earliest incarnation in 1886 as a popular stagecoach stop during California’s Gold Rush, to its years as a surreptitious hangout through Prohibition, The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern has long held a fabled place in Central Coast lore. Revered and raucously enjoyed for generations, the beloved landmark opens a new chapter in 2022 as the definitive luxury destination in the Santa Ynez Valley.
The Bell Attendant provides exceptional service and a warm welcome to all on and off property guests who approach the arrival area. Each Bell Attendant will greet guests and provide gracious hospitality and prompt guest service with regards but not limited to; valet service, luggage service and property information. Join our team and become one of the authors of our story. Bell Attendant position will start in January.
Key responsibilities for this position are:
- Providing prompt valet service for spa, dining, event and in house guests.
- Anticipating guest departure and assisting with luggage pick up.
- Handling guest luggage upon arrival and departure.
- Maintaining all fleet vehicles, both inside and out, at all times, including washing, vacuuming, fueling, disinfecting and logging damages.
- Tracking guest movement and communicating with housekeeping, front desk, and restaurant as to when guests leave property, where they are going, and when to expect them back.
- Coordinating transportation requirements for arrivals, departures, and drives throughout the day.
- Building fires and restocking firewood in the common area fireplaces.
- Assessing and handling upcoming needs for either transportation or valet pulls.
- Maintaining complimentary summer and winter adventure items.
- Assisting guests with property information and local knowledge.
- A genuine affinity for interacting with guests and team members alike
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time seamlessly including internal guest requests, check-in’s and luggage delivery
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of a team
- Ability to think critically and solve problems as they arise
- Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and designated resort data.
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
- Must be 21 years or older
- Clean driving record free of major offenses and/or multiple minor offenses
Minimum 1 year experience of front office or bell work at a luxury resort
$17.00 / Hour
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, we look forward to speaking with you about becoming part of our family.
The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Inn at Mattei’s Tavern complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Guest Relations
This is a non-management position
Pay Rate/Pay Range: $17.00/Hour
Visit Careers at The Inn at Mattei's Tavern