Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts and 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A Central Coast legend reborn. From its earliest incarnation in 1886 as a popular stagecoach stop during California’s Gold Rush, to its years as a surreptitious hangout through Prohibition, The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern has long held a fabled place in Central Coast lore. Revered and raucously enjoyed for generations, the beloved landmark opens a new chapter in 2022 as the definitive luxury destination in the Santa Ynez Valley.
The Front Office Supervisor reports directly to the Front Office Management Team and is responsible for assisting the Front Office Management Team in leading the Front Office and overseeing all guest experiences within the department.
Key responsibilities for this position are:
- Create a genuine, informative, and personalized guest experience
- Use the guest’s name whenever possible and appropriate
- Maintain complete awareness of facilities, hours of operation, emergency procedures and rules of conduct
- Coordinate and execute all guest requests and questions in a timely manner
- Maintain complete knowledge of property and other information including the following:
- All facilities/services offered and hours of operation
- All unit types, layout, decor, attributes and locations
- Daily stats, including availability, arrivals, amd departures
- Entertainment/special events scheduled on the property and in the area
- Directions to the property from airports and other major landmarks
- General information, descriptions, and directions for local service, restaurants, skiing, hiking and other points of interest
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets, etc.
- Verify and adjust billing
- Merge duplicate profiles and ensure that all company standards are upheld regarding formatting of profile notes
- Attend key meetings such as Resume meetings
- Communicate with Housekeeping regarding status of guest queue rooms
- Designated departmental trainer for new team members and providing ongoing training for current team.
- Ensure all guest needs are met throughout their stay. Engage guests in a gracious and professional manner as they come in contact with the guest reception area
- Assist and ensure effective guest challenge resolution. Work closely with fellow guest services associates and other departments to resolve any challenges; ensure follow-through and exceed guest expectations whenever possible
- Provides support to the front desk, guest services and other departments in the daily operational duties for these areas
- Be the acting Manager in lieu of the Front Office Manager or Director of Rooms when handling guest issues.
- Follow all Auberge Service Standards
- Capture and record guest data and preferences into the PMS
- Answer department telephones within three rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette
- Assist Pre-Arrival Curator with last minute dining, spa and experience bookings for guests
- Maintain the assigned Bank and ensure accuracy of contracted cash. Keep Bank secure at all times
- Access all functions of the computer system(s) according to established procedures and standards.
- Set up a workstation with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness throughout the shift. Communicate shortages to Management.
- A genuine affinity for interacting with guests and team members alike
- Handle multiple tasks at the same time seamlessly including operating computer systems, internal guest requests and outgoing guest communication
- Work cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of a team
- Think critically and solve problems as they arise
- A clear thinker and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and designated resort data.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
- Minimum 2 years as front desk, overnight or Guest Services associate
- Proficiency in Gmail and G Suite
- Proficiency in Property Management Systems
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Inn at Mattei’s Tavern complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Guest Relations
This is a full-time position
Pay Rate/Pay Range: $24.00/hour