Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts and 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A Central Coast legend reborn. From its earliest incarnation in 1886 as a popular stagecoach stop during California’s Gold Rush, to its years as a surreptitious hangout through Prohibition, The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern has long held a fabled place in Central Coast lore. Revered and raucously enjoyed for generations, the beloved landmark opens a new chapter in 2022 as the definitive luxury destination in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Our Bar Backs are the right hands to our servers and bartenders. They ensure our dining room, bar and service areas are clean, sanitized, stocked and visually appealing. They assist our bartenders in clearing the bar top, cleaning/sanitizing the barware, and restocking glassware, plateware and inventory. Full-time and part-time opportunities available.
Key responsibilities for this position are:
- Stay informed of current menu items and descriptions
- Follow Auberge and Mattei’s service guidelines to ensure guest satisfaction
- Handle side duties including: stocking ice bins, liquor, beer, kegs, wine, and coolers, including lifting/moving up to 50lbs.
- Clean and assist with maintaining bar equipment.
- Perform opening/running/closing side duties according to Mattei’s policy
- Put all trash and recyclable products in proper receptacles
- Separate glass, cardboard, and plastics per local codes
- Ensure responsible alcohol service per local ordinance
- Ensure that trash containers are clean, free of odor and lined
- Maintain Mattei’s safety and sanitation standards
- Par all ice bins to the fullest levels at all times
- Par all bars per outlet specifications
- Wash and clean all bar glassware using proper cleaning supplies and techniques
- Required to occasionally work banquets that are scheduled throughout the property
- Team members are cross trained in order to work all outlets including indoor and outdoor areas
- Prep juices, bitters, tinctures and other beverage ingredients for service
- 1 year of experience in a similar or supportive role.
- Food Handler and Responsible Beverage Certification.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Able to learn, retain, and present product, menu, and allergy information to guests.
- Knowledge or ability to learn the restaurant point-of-sale system.
- Hardworking, dedicated, with a real passion for hospitality.
- Flexible schedule and are able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
- Prior hotel experience
- Restaurant inventory and invoicing software proficiency is preferred.
$15.50 / Hour + Tips
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, we look forward to speaking with you about becoming part of our family.
The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Inn at Mattei’s Tavern complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a non-management position
Pay Rate/Pay Range: $15.50 / Hour + Tips