Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts and 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A Central Coast legend reborn. From its earliest incarnation in 1886 as a popular stagecoach stop during California’s Gold Rush, to its years as a surreptitious hangout through Prohibition, The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern has long held a fabled place in Central Coast lore. Revered and raucously enjoyed for generations, the beloved landmark opens a new chapter in 2022 as the definitive luxury destination in the Santa Ynez Valley.
The bartender is responsible for creating cocktails in a timely manner with proper technical skill. As the primary contact for guests in the bar, the Bartender will be a storyteller for Mattei’s as a whole and culinary selections. Full-time and part-time opportunities available
The ideal candidate will perform tasks in an energetic, professional manner. Duties include preparing and serving beverages, overseeing bar maintenance, making menu suggestions, delivering food & drinks, describing the dishes to guests, recommending wine selections, monitoring guest satisfaction and managing inventory. It is imperative that the bartender is team oriented, pleasant, conscientious and professional with an extensive knowledge of mixology product and alcoholic beverage selections. Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team, communicate clearly, have attention to detail, ensure smooth service operations and quality service. Join our team and become one of the authors of our story.
Key responsibilities for this position are:
- Preparing and serving beverages, overseeing bar maintenance, making menu suggestions, delivering food & drinks, describing the dishes to guests, recommending wine selections, monitoring guest satisfaction and managing inventory.
- Provides positive guest recognition and relations through personal performance and attention to guest history, including familiarizing himself/herself with regular patrons and VIP guests.
- Greets guests in a timely and professional manner, takes guests orders, and serves food and beverages according to standards and established service sequence.
- Responds to guest questions and provides suggestions regarding food and beverages with an aggressive approach to up-selling.
- Team members will be cross-trained to work all food and beverage outlets, including indoor and outdoor areas.
- Extensive wine and spirits knowledge
- Minimum 2 years fine dining or high volume experience
- Craft cocktail knowledge
- Possess an engaging personality and able to build rapport with guests
- Superior grooming and hygiene standards
- Maintain all standards of cleanliness and organization of the bar area
- Inventory control
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, days and evenings
- Able to work part or full time
- Responsible Beverage certification
- ServSafe certification or equivalent
- Prior luxury resort experience
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, we look forward to speaking with you about becoming part of our family.
The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Inn at Mattei’s Tavern complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a non-management position
Pay Rate/Pay Range: $15.50 /Hour+ Tips