Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts and 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A Central Coast legend reborn. From its earliest incarnation in 1886 as a popular stagecoach stop during California’s Gold Rush, to its years as a surreptitious hangout through Prohibition, The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern has long held a fabled place in Central Coast lore. Revered and raucously enjoyed for generations, the beloved landmark opens a new chapter in 2022 as the definitive luxury destination in the Santa Ynez Valley.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, devoted, curious, and have a strong passion for food. We are looking for individuals who are confident they will become an integral member of a team that values hard work and brings detail and care to every part of their work day. Join our team and become one of the authors of our story.
Key responsibilities for this position are:
- Follow recipes, portion controls, pars, and presentation specifics as set by kitchen management
- Set up station according to established expectations
- Execute menu items from start to finish. This includes but is not limited to the preparation of ingredients, butchery of proteins, cooking and plating of menu items.
- Work collaboratively with BOH staff and FOH staff
- Maintain cleanliness of all BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Follow set schedule and give appropriate notification for tardiness and absence
- Conform to Department of Health requirements to run an A-level kitchen
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- Basic understanding of professional cooking
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and high energy environment
- High volume restaurant experience preferred
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
- Able to follow recipes without direct supervision
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues
- Strong time management skills and able to execute dishes consistently and effectively
- Strong desire to learn and grow is a MUST!
- Full availability (including weekends)
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, we look forward to speaking with you about becoming part of our family.
The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Inn at Mattei’s Tavern complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
Pay Rate/Pay Range: $20.00-$23.00/hour