Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts and 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A Central Coast legend reborn. From its earliest incarnation in 1886 as a popular stagecoach stop during California’s Gold Rush, to its years as a surreptitious hangout through Prohibition, The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern has long held a fabled place in Central Coast lore. Revered and raucously enjoyed for generations, the beloved landmark opens a new chapter in 2022 as the definitive luxury destination in the Santa Ynez Valley.
The Server Assistant/Busser works alongside the Captain/Server of the section and is responsible for getting everything to and from the tables, accurately, quickly and gracefully. They assist in the control of the information flow into the kitchen and the timing of dishes out to the dining room. They must be able to see the section and the restaurant as a whole and move around their team to accomplish the best service. Join our team and become one of the authors of our story.
Key responsibilities for this position are:
- Prepare for each shift by ensuring the section and side stations are properly set up.
- Perform all assigned opening side work
- Participate in discussion at daily rally
- Bring water service
- Deliver drinks to guests
- Communicate with kitchen any special order needs / Assist with food running - Prepare silverware for each course to be placed by captains or themselves / Coordinate clearing of courses with Captain
- Assist with table maintenance
- Coffee and tea service
- Process payment quickly and correctly
- Coordinate table resets
- Perform all running side work as assigned
- Perform duties to close the restaurant as assigned
- Properly maintain strict standards of cleanliness in all dining areas
- Properly maintain strict standards of cleanliness and organization of all service stations/areas
- Maintain company standards of presentation, uniform, etc.
- Support the Servers and the Kitchen by communicating properly
- Expert menu knowledge - every ingredient of every dish on the menu.
- Exceed guest expectations constantly
- Calm, clear, organized and concise communication to all members of the team
- Extremely organized and maintains a clean workspace.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a variety of service settings including dining, event, terrace, etc.
- Has a proprietary interest in the success of the restaurant at all times - Is committed to the success of all teammates
- Speed and attention to detail
- Open schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Responsible Beverage certification
- ServSafe certification or equivalent
- Prior experience in a fine dining atmosphere or luxury hotel experience.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, we look forward to speaking with you about becoming part of our family.
The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Inn at Mattei’s Tavern complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food and Beverage
This is a non-management position
Pay Rate/Pay Range: $15.50/hour plus tips