Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts and 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A Central Coast legend reborn. From its earliest incarnation in 1886 as a popular stagecoach stop during California’s Gold Rush, to its years as a surreptitious hangout through Prohibition, The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern has long held a fabled place in Central Coast lore. Revered and raucously enjoyed for generations, the beloved landmark opens a new chapter in 2022 as the definitive luxury destination in the Santa Ynez Valley.
The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern is seeking full and part time baristas who’s role will also include cashier and serving duties. This position builds the Mattei’s Experience for our guests by providing timely, warm and friendly service, as well as preparing quality beverages and products.
- Welcomes guests to Felix’s Coffee & Feed, engaging with them throughout their store experience
- Determines guest needs by asking questions and sharing product knowledge
- Demonstrates that the guest comes first by serving them with a sense of urgency
- Provides consistent quality in the preparation of drinks and brewing of coffee and tea
- Continually works to expand product knowledge of coffee and tea
- Maintains a clean and well-stocked store
- Operating the espresso machine and serving small bites and to-go options
- Operation of the point of sale system, and responsible cash drawer practices
*Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that might be required and can be modified based on manager’s discretion.*
- Food Handler Certification and Responsible Beverage Certification
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with diverse guests
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency while maintaining great customer service
- Committed to providing an enjoyable and delicious dining experience, championing local purveyors and advocating for environmental stewardship
- A sense of humor and the ability to find fulfillment in engaging with guests and staff
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 50 pounds unassisted
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and light to moderate lifting
- Flexible schedule including early morning, weekends and holidays
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Knowledge about coffee, tea and fresh juices preferred
- 1 year prior experience is preferred
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Inn at Mattei’s Tavern complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food and Beverage
This is a non-management position
This is a part-time position
Pay Rate/Pay Range: $15.50/hour plus tips