The Director of Spa will manage, supervise and oversee all spa operations, based on company standards and directives.
Responsibility to ensure the achievement of sales goals, business objectives, and profitability. The spa director will monitor payroll and expenditures to successfully achieve aggressive spa profit plan. He/she will review financial data, prepare management reports, and perform administrative functions accurately and timely.
- Plan and coordinate spa promotions, events, and effective client loyalty programs to maximize market place positioning.
- Oversee group bookings and interface with hotel partnerships.
- Responsible for overseeing and directing the product retailing operations at the spa.
- Utilize effective recruiting techniques to attract and hire qualified frontline practitioners and support managers.
- Responsible for projecting a positive image within the facility, maintaining an atmosphere of cooperative teamwork that emphasizes customer service and satisfaction.
- Ensure a clean, safe working environment by enforcing safety, maintenance, and cleanliness procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all Auberge Resorts spa programs, pricing structures and amenities (labels, bottles, product, etc.)
- Ensure all initiatives, policies and procedures are incorporated in the field on a consistent basis
- Coordinate vendors and designers regarding towels, robes, amenities & bedding
- Communicate green initiatives per Auberge Resorts’ directives
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
The ideal candidate will have: 5–15 years managerial experience in a hotel rooms division or health/beauty spa environment; at least 5 years customer service experience; prior experience managing teams of 10+; prior training experience; excellent leadership/management skills; ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees; demonstrated success in revenue achievement and expense management; experience in budget development and financial analysis; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and high standards in ethics, service, and image Strong creative mindset. Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.Ability to present clear, concise and meaningful information to developers, owners, guests, executives, managers and employees.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and understand financial data for existing spas and development projects.
- Ability to solve practical and complex problems.
- Ability to use systems and equipment including personal computer, fax machine, copier, calculator, MS office, property management system, and other software/machinery as required.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and to effectively supervise others.
Bilingual – English/Spanish.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs