Bartender is responsible for delivering memorable drinking and dining experiences at the bar and via the quality of beverages delivered to servers in the restaurant. You enthusiastically solicit food and beverage orders, record orders in the POS system, and prepare drink orders for the bar and restaurant in a timely manner. Special expertise in prioritization and delivering distinctive, unique experiences and products to guests at the bar are hallmarks of a Madeline Hotel & Residence bartender. Bartenders also maintain stock, supplies, and cleanliness of bar and equipment and assist in the control of beverage and operating supply costs. You protect restaurant assets by discreetly managing when / who not to serve.
- Communicate effectively in English with co-workers and management to their understanding
- Greeting and acknowledging all guests within 1 minute of approaching and / or sitting at the bar
- Passionate desire to connect with guests and live the Auberge brand
- Comprehensive knowledge of wine, beer, liquor, non-alcoholic and cocktail recipes and ingredients
- Comprehensive knowledge of Madeline Hotel & Residences menus, ingredients and culinary philosophies. Eager to create pairing beverage options with menu items
- Punctuality. Demonstrates regular and reliable attendance
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance to state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving. Request proof of age from guests when legal age is questioned (anyone appearing under the age of 30 should be asked for identification)
- Keep work area clean and organized maintaining health safety procedures for guests
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, and use equipment only as intended
- Effectively manage internal and external customers, some of whom may require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Bid farewell to all guests with an invitation to return
- Perform all opening, closing and side duties as assigned
- Secure bar areas according to procedure and return keys to their assigned location
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Two (2) years’ experience as a bartender
- TIPS training or equivalent
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs