- Assist in obtaining financial goals.
- Assist in the directing and correcting the presentation and portioning of food according to Auberge’s standards.
- Assist in the responsibility to select, train, supervise, develop, discipline and counsel employees in accordance with Auberge’s Company policies and procedures.
- Communicate daily with the Executive Chef for an update regarding planning, staffing, and internal procedures.
- Communicate directly with banquet manager or captain for guest count, special request and timing of food functions to attain highest guest satisfaction.
- Complete all assigned paperwork accurately and timely.
- Complete daily food requisition and oversee specials utilizing and buildup of overstock.
- Maintain work areas clean and organized.
- Order food quantities and oversee production for banquet food operations with purchasing, management and Executive Chef.
- Participate in banquet (PDR) functions from planning to preparation to dish up of function.
- Report unsafe conditions immediately.
- Assist in directing staff in sanitation and sanitary food handling.
- Assist in scheduling staff according to business levels.
- Conduct daily walk-through of all walk-in refrigerators, storage rooms, and food lines to ensure rotation, usage, cleanliness and proper sanitation.
- Maintain and monitor overtime, labor and food costs.
- Perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
- Prepare and train staff in use of working menus, recipe cards and photo standards.
- Assist in conducting performance appraisals.
- Attend all required meetings.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor to include cross training.
- Look ahead to future functions and production.
- Assist in ordering and taking inventory of products.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Ability to understand financial goals and accomplish them.
- Minimum 2 years Sous Chef experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years cooking experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
- Minimum 4 years kitchen management experience.
- College degree or certification in culinary field/hospitality field preferred.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs