- Reports to the General Manager.
- Oversees and manages all hotel operations to include Rooms, F&B, Spa and Residential divisions.
- Provides leadership for Team Member relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints.
- Monitors the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems.
- Involved with Homeowner Association management and interactions with all homeowners and prospective homeowners.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Partners with the General Manager to develop short-term and long-term financial and operational plans for the hotel, which support the overall objectives of the company.
- Monitors the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of monthly financial reports.
- Supports the General Manager and counterparts on the Executive Committee to prepare the annual hotel budget.
- Directly supervises department personnel with responsibility for hiring, training, employee development, scheduling, discipline, rewards/recognition, performance reviews and initiating pay increases.
- Holding regular departmental staff meetings including regular one on one's; troubleshooting and managing conflict. Actively participating in the development and promotion of events that recognize, reward and celebrate successes.
- Develops and implements ancillary revenue opportunities through hotel operationl departments.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
Executives are expected to demonstrate competencies in the following core areas:
- Demonstrates Personal Excellence:
- Builds and fosters relationships:
- Champions the guest:
- Develops successful strategies:
- Creates the new and different:
- Builds diverse talent:
- Drives results:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Ten to fifteen years hotel experience required.
- Five to eight years executive experience required..
- Exceptional computing and Microsoft Word, Excel skills and other applicable computer systems.
- Requires exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups to managers, clients, customers, and ownership.
- Must be able to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs