Supports Catering Manager with day-to-day tasks and all administrative projects. Provides office and event coverage as needed.
- Catering Sales:
- Answer sales telephone lines and direct calls as needed;
- Respond to and distribute online leads; Work directly with clients to prepare and send new bookings, proposals, contracts;
- Maintain a relationship with business contacts throughout the planning of bookings;
- Maintain a close relationship with Catering Manager to ensure department runs smoothly;
- Create, send, and follow up on event contracts, create catering folders when signed contracts are received, and keep track of deposits received and past due;
- Update and distribute weekly Catering pace report;
- Maintain list of completed activities and initiatives for monthly activity report;
- Prepare reports for weekly meetings including BEOs and resumes;
- Assemble and maintain stock of catering and event kits for entire property;
- Mailings; Data entry; Maintain stock and place orders of office supplies for Catering department.
- General Sales:
- Assist with any administrative tasks as needed or requested by Catering Manager or Director of Sales & Marketing;
- Keep confidential lists and documentation organized and current.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- General Office:
- Distribute mail;
- Assist other Administrators in maintaining office equipment;
- Act as a backup resource to Leisure and Group Sales functions including taking reservations, fielding group or event calls, and answering phones when needed.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Planet Solage program.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Ability to make smart decisions that support resort operations and the Catering function.
- Ability to professionally represent the resort, and interact with clients in a polished, responsible, and timely manner.
- Ability to communicate information to operational departments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to portray Madeline Hotel and Residences as the unique destination resort that it is, and to close the sale. If sale is not closed, ability to follow up with the guest in a timely manner until the file is complete.
- Ability to track sources of business, qualifying each call in order to better direct marketing efforts.
- Able to manage group bookings using these systems.
- Knowledge of Madeline Hotel and Residences, other Auberge Resorts, and the local area.
- Desire to continually refine and improve the Catering function and product at Madeline Hotels and Residences.
- Administrative background with resort sales and/or catering experience.
- Awareness and knowledge of banquet service standards and/or an interest in food & wine.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs