Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years related direct hotel sales experience. The candidate should have a track record in winning business via creative site tours. Additionally, the candidate should have a passion for learning about what Aspen, the Hotel Jerome and Auberge Resorts have to offer. Candidate will have good communication skills both verbal and written and excellent presentation skills. Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently. Ability to identify and develop new accounts as well as retain old ones. Ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision.
The Sales Manager also works as a team member with the sales and catering staff and is in close contact with assigned Administrative Assistant and other support staff. Solicits, through direct sales and marketing contacts, the most complex accounts, which exhibit potential for business. This role may take on leadership functions and assist Director of Sales & Marketing with projects
- Book meetings & conferences from assigned areas.
- Handle all tours pertaining to the clients within your territories.
- Dedicate majority of time to direct telephone sales.
- Rework and maintain old account files and solicit new accounts.
- Respond to all correspondence from assigned areas and trace dates for reworking and follow up.
- Set-up site inspections and follow through.
- Attend trade shows pertinent to assigned areas and attend meetings, seminars and functions through membership in association.
- Perform general office duties and assist other personnel, as required.
- Maintain a constant contact with Corporate and Association meeting planners, maintain membership and contacts in hotel industry associations.
- Make personal visits, when necessary to target areas and call on Companies and associations located in a specific market or area
- Maintain a working relationship with departments interacting with convention groups.
- Develop new accounts by being inquisitive of accounts we have for "spin off".
- Stay abreast of industry trends and make recommendations of changes which would affect operations.
- Maintain accurate forecast and recap information.
- Travel will be required
- Handle any reasonable requests as assigned by the DOSM or GM
- University qualifications beneficial
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- At least 5 years of hotel Sales experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge.
- Must have 3-5 years of hotel sales experience
- Must have selling, negotiating, business writing and presentation skills training
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to independently solve problems with several variables.
- Computer Literate; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Mail and Google Docs.
- Opera a strong plus
- Ability to telemarket/email market
- Strong personal and presentation skills
1. Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
2. Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
3. Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
4. Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
5. Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
6. Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs