Procure materials, food & beverage and/or equipment as necessary for the efficient operations of the Hotel Jerome at the lowest cost consistent with resort requirements for quality, delivery and reliability of source.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations - prepare and post journal vouchers.
- Participate in month end closing.
- Participate in monthly inventories.
- Perform income audit function.
- Perform General Cashier duties: collecting and counting all cash drops for the resort and restaurant; prepare and make daily bank deposits; making copies of all checks.
- Maintain files containing daily and month end reports.
- Assist in auditing of night auditor’s work: verifying credit card vouchers, verifying daily flash reports; checking for errors.
- Maintains files: check copies, invoice copies.
- Process invoices.
- Prepare A/P cash.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Planet Auberge program.
- Assist with cash requirement projections.
- 2 years experience in a computerized accounting environment, preferably a resort.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as they relate to revenue and expenses.
- High School graduate
- Some higher education accounting courses
- Ability to communicate in English with vendors, guests, Managers and co-workers to their understanding in person and by telephone.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to assist in preparation of departmental budgets and reconcile accounts accurately.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent resort data.
- Ability to perform function with minimal supervision.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Understanding of:
- general ledger
- accounts payable, accounts receivable
- balance sheet reconciliations,
- monthly inventories
- cash bank maintenance and auditing
- month end closing
- payroll procedures
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Team Member will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs