The selling, organization and planning of social and group functions on and off property in an efficient and professional manner. All the information provided to the client and hotel operational departments must be written, timely and accurate. Works closely with the Food & Beverage team and Chef in development of group menus and themed events.
- Achieve social and group food and beverage revenue goals with DOSM.
- Capable of creating a motivational atmosphere and being an integral part of a cohesive Events team.
- Delegates authority appropriately and follows up on all projects and issues to insure timely completion.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership qualities in both the daily operation of the Department as well as in long-term visioning.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Ensures that the guest experience is pleasant in regard to atmosphere, service and quality of food and beverage products by adhering to the performance standards.
- Solicits new, and builds on existing, group conference/catered contracted business to exceed revenue goals. Generates business through telephone and written communication.
- Prepares professional correspondence for customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance. Prepares and adheres to event department budget.
- Participates, and often leads, pre-convention meetings and post convention meetings.
- Responsible for developing revenue enhancement programs to increase the sales of conferences and catered events with DOSM.
- Remains on the cutting edge of industry trends and is capable of selling/delivering exceptional and memorable themed events, weddings and meetings.
- Meets with Meeting Planners and Conference Planning Managers as needed for site inspections, coordinate special menu planning and themed events.
- Prepares and distributes all BEO's in a timely manner according to departmental SOP's
- Attend staff, rooms, food and beverage and BEO meetings. Communicates relevant information to the operational areas in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists in overseeing the compliance of state liquor laws and all health regulations.
- Develops strong working relationships with other department managers and directors to ensure communication and teamwork is at an optimum.
- Complies with all Hotel policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Ensures the Catering Department leads the charge in regard to recycling efforts and environmental initiatives with Planet Auberge
- Ensure financial responsibility and credit approval for social catering events.
- Manage group billing.Be sure billing is timely to Accounting.
- Solicit and listen to customer and employee feedback and advise DOSM/General Manager on suggested changes.
- Ensure the implementation of proper food and beverage pricing and fees. Adhere to food pricing, unless discussed and approved by Executive Chef. Adhere to beverage pricing, unless discussed and approved by Food and Beverage Director.
- Ensure that all decisions are made with due consideration for financial impact.
- Take necessary actions to protect the integrity and well being of the hotel and the Hotel Jerome employees.
- Be an objective, strong, respectful leader.
- Responsible for all other assignments as defined by the DOSM.
- At least 4 years of Sales & Events experience preferred.
- Experience in hotels / resorts preferred.
- Experience in luxury / high end markets.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to independently solve problems with several variables.
- Computer Literate; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Google
- Delphi Knowledge
- Ability to telemarket/email market
- Strong personal and presentation skills
1. Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
2. Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
3. Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
4. Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
5. Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
6. Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Madeline Hotel and Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel and Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel and Residences with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs