The Front Desk Agent will review expected arrivals in advance, check guests in/out of resort, ensure accurate guest billing, make reservations outside of hours, ensure guests are escorted to rooms, and assist guests with requests as they arise. The Front Desk Agent will provide the highest possible guest service and product. To perform this job successfully; the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation;
- All room types, layout, decor, appointments and locations;
- All room rates, special packages and promotions;
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures;
- Room availability status for any given day; and
- In-house Group Details (Billing instructions, itinerary, background, etc.)
- Remain up to date on all Guest issues, events on property, VIPs, BEOs via E-mail & Red Book communication
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Communicate with all other hotel departments as necessary.
- Maintain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted cash. Keep bank secure at all times.
- Agents are personally responsible for resolving all shortages or overages.
- Review arrivals in advance daily to be familiar with all VIP guests, special requirements and potential problems.
- Ensure all rooms are hard blocked, fixed charges are added daily, and guest requests are met.
- Communicate all special requests to the appropriate departments
- If any requests cannot be met, proactively call guest prior to arrival to resolve all issues
- Resolve room status discrepancies with Housekeeping.
- Maintain detailed notes in a notebook throughout the day of all guest requests and important information.
- Meet with arriving/departing shift member to relay these details and ensure proper follow through.
- Access all functions of computer system according to established procedures and standards. Maintain basic knowledge on Fidelio Opera System to perform the following tasks:
- Check in & Checkout, Billing & Folio Management, Locate Guest by room # or last name, Continuously update guest profile, Add Notes, Comments, & Alerts
- Complete daily checklist & shift pass on log. Generate, print, & utilize daily reports as noted in the checklist
- Adhere to all established accounting & cashiering practices including:
- Process package adjustments, transfers, write-offs, & disputes
- Process paid outs, post charges, make change, accept personal/traveler’s checks, processing credit cards.
- Settle all house & guest accounts.
- Set up work station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness throughout shift. Communicate shortages.
- Answer department telephones within three rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette. Return to caller within 30 seconds when necessary to place on hold. Take clear, concise messages, using diplomacy in handling difficult situations.
- Always do everything possible to accommodate all requests in a friendly manner. If unable to accommodate guest request always offer alterative options.
- Prepare, track, & issue all guest electronic key packets as necessary - at check-in or at request
- Check guests in & out of the hotel according to Jerome standards.
- Register guest in computer and have registration card signed after verifying information with guest, particularly rate and departure date and obtain credit card imprint or cash payment for incidentals in advance. File registration cards in bucket by room number.
- Process all check outs, according to established hotel requirements. Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed charges. Settle guest accounts following accounting procedures. Inquire about guest’s stay and enter any remarks in Guest History. Handle late check outs according to established procedures.
- Communicate services and amenities included in packages to guests on packages
- Ensure all guests are escorted to their room and provided a detailed hotel & room orientation (unless declined).
- Remain up to date on all group details including Billing instructions, itinerary, background, etc.
- Assist Guest Services Manager with group Amenity deliveries for all arriving groups.
- Conduct group check-ins/outs according to established hotel procedures.
- Identify and resolve all non-zero (open folio) guest accounts. If unable to resolve communicate to appropriate departments.
- Make reservations outside of hours, perform walk -ins, perform up sells whenever possible
- Maintain knowledge of all promotions, packages, and cancelation policy
- Extend every effort to obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations for guests with reservations when the hotel cannot accommodate them.
- Assist guests with faxes, copying needs, &/or printing assistance.
- Continuously update guest profiles to note preferences, issues, birthdays, etc.
- Accommodate room changes expediently.
- Advise guest of any messages, mail, taxes, etc. received for them.
- Handle guest complaints or problems immediately, ensuring guest satisfaction. Notify designated department/personnel for resolving situation. Follow up within 30 minutes to ensure completion and guest satisfaction. Notify Supervisor. Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel.
- Offer detailed information on the voice mail system to callers and guests wishing to leave message.
- Accept, record, & perform wake up call requests daily & promptly
- Clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Use guest's name effectively as a signal of recognition, but discreetly.
- Closes interactions with final appreciative or anticipatory remarks
- Compute basic mathematical calculations. Input and retrieve computer data.
- Understand guest problems and find solutions.
- Use good judgment and maintain discretion and diplomacy while performing job duties.
- Promote positive relations with guests and staff.
- Remain calm, courteous and helpful. Think clearly and quickly. Prioritize, organize and follow-up.
- Ensure completion of all other duties as assigned/delegated by management
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs