The Rooms Operations Manager will supervise the Front Desk and Guest Services, and act as a leader on the Housekeeping Team. He/she supervises, trains, schedules, inspects and evaluates the work and performance of the team ensuring that all procedures are performed to the brand standards. The position is expected to be visible in the operations on a daily basis providing direction and monitoring the “guest experience”. The schedule will include days, nights, holidays and weekends to provide coverage as necessary for most effective operation.
- Meet the desk agents to get any pertinent information throughout the shifts, particularly during shift changes.
- Review all arrivals noting any special requests or challenges * Review all departures to ensure billing is correct.
- Assess whether any guest relocation will be necessary.
- Make sure all shifts are covered as scheduled, cover as necessary.
- Ensure proper credit card policies are followed.
- Ensure the proper completion of the desk agents AM/PM checklist.
- Handle guest situations as they arise in a calm professional manner.
- Assist guests with services and requests.
- Be an expert at all employee duties to ensure you are "leading by example" in all that you do.
- Complete other departmental duties as they become necessary.
- Be visible at all times to our guests and staff.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English and any foreign language with guests, management and co-workers to their fullest understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to input and access information into the hotel system. Familiarity with yield management and cost controls.
- Ability to perform job functions to standards under pressure of any arrivals/departures within any given period of time.
- Ability to enforce hotel’s standards, policies and procedures with the Front Office staff. Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to create and maintain a positive work environment to ensure an excellent work relationship with other departments and to ensure the guest expectations.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems pertaining to hotel standards.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and delegate work.
- Ability to maintain excellent guest relations.
- Ability to direct the performance of staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
- Maintain excellent communication with all other departments especially Housekeeping, Reservations, Sales and Catering departments in regards to their needs.
- The ability to ensure adherence to all credit procedures in the Front Office; review High Balance Report and follow up on credit problems with Credit Manager.
- Ability to train and motivate staff on a daily basis to maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to focus attention on details by doing daily rounds of the guest rooms and public areas. Ability to suggestively sell available rooms at the highest rate possible.
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with demanding or difficult guests or situations, in order, to turn them to the positive.
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
- Ability to ensure that all special guest needs and expectations are met and exceeded.
- Ability to prepare schedules, in order, to ensure budget expectations.
- Ability to maintain excellent grooming and dress codes for all staff workers.
- Ability to be aware of all safety and emergency procedures of the hotel.
Previous hotel experience in a management or supervisory role is required, minimum of two years.
Ability to multitask and remain calm at all times.
Madeline Hotel and Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel and Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel and Residences with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs