The HOA Controller assists the Area Director of Finance in the administration of all financial aspects of every HOA within the designated location. Must ensure that all local and Auberge policies and procedures are observed. Assumes responsibility for safeguarding HOA assets and financial resources contributing towards fiduciary responsibility to the Board. Provides timely and accurate financial information and provides guidance that support the terms of the management agreement and any other applicable agreements.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all jobs in the Accounting areas, including residential management.
- Must be able to function on behalf of Area Director of Finance in their absence.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and Auberge policies and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain good relationships with all departments in hotel and Home Office to promote effective internal control.
- Must have a high degree of professional integrity and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Prepare all financial statements, accruals and journal entries, and maintain reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for monitoring, controlling and recording all collections, purchases, salaries and expenses of the HOA.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the contents of all Auberge Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Oversee all operating equipment and supply inventories in accordance with corporate policies as directed by the Area Director of Finance.
- Oversee Daily Cash Position report and maintain the highest level of investment of excess funds in accordance with corporate guidelines as prescribed by Auberge Policies & Procedures.
- Review the status of Accounts Receivable aging and monitor billing and collections to ensure achieving Auberge standards.
- Assist the General Manager or Residential Manager in preparation of all budgets and forecasts.
- Supervise the day to day activities of Accounting staff including assisting them when necessary to stay current.
- Oversee the preparation of all local, state and federal tax returns and other reporting on a timely basis.
- Evaluate the performance of personnel with a view towards development and an emphasis on those individuals qualifying for future advancement.
- Take appropriate personnel related action (i.e. hire, commend, discipline, evaluate, etc.)
- Meet with the Area Director of Finance on a regular basis to communicate all accounting activities and results of the Accounting office meeting or any other related issues.
- Coordinate the delegation of responsibility and authority to the appropriate Shared Service Accounting Staff.
- Maintain close liaison with the hotel's external and internal auditors and ensure effective action as necessary on all their agreed upon recommendations.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high Auberge standards and encourage staff to do the same.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Area Director of Finance.
- 3 years’ experience in Finance Management; preferably in a resort setting.
- B.S. degree required, preferably in Finance or Residential Management.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as they relate to USALI.
- Some higher education accounting courses.
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of working in centralized or shared service accounting program.
- Knowledge of hospitality industry systems, including HMS.
- Knowledge of the local geographic area, competitors, and business trends.
- Knowledge of destination and activities
- Ability to work flexible schedule, to include weekend and evenings as needed for the benefit of departmental coverage.
- Ability to communicate in English with vendors, guests, Managers and co-workers in person and by telephone.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to assist in preparation of departmental budgets and reconcile accounts accurately.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent resort data.
- Ability to perform function with minimal supervision.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Understanding of:
- general ledger
- accounts payable, accounts receivable
- balance sheet reconciliations,
- monthly inventories
- cash bank maintenance and auditing
- month end closing
- payroll procedures
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs