Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and, on a daily basis, summarizes and compiles information for the hotel's financial records. Tracks room revenue, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics. Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel's financial performance for the day. Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts including guest transactions not posted during the day by the front office cashier.
NIGHT AUDITOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Processes guest charges voucher and credit card vouchers.
- Post charges to the guest accounts that have not been posted or were incurred on the night audit shift.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Checks to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments.
- To verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted and allocated in to PMS system.
- To Verify that all charges posted from the POS Software, SPA software had reached the correct guest folios and also not missing.
- Prints up and files reservations for the next business day.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Verifies that room rates are correct and posts those rates to guest accounts.
- Monitors the current status of coupon, discount, and other promotional programs.
- Is able to function as a front desk agent especially in terms of check-in and check-out procedures.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Summarizes results of operations for management.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Prepare of End of day procedure.
- Follow the end of day/night audit checklist
- Must have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Balance the day’s charges, making corrections as necessary.
- Performs wake-up calls.
- Run end of day process in property management software (PMS).
- Understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Knows how to operate PMS, typewriters, and other front office equipment's.
- Respond to guest needs, special requests and complaints and alert the appropriate manager as needed
- Perform nightly balancing of in-room video and long-distance telephone services
- Understand and knows how to perform check-in and check-out procedures.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used by the guests who visits the hotel.
Experience: Minimum one year of hotel front desk supervisory experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
Madeline Hotel and Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel and Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel and Residences with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs