Provide turndown service and clean guest rooms, ensuring the resort’s established standards of cleanliness. Responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling guest requests or complaints. Ensures the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and resort requirements.
- Transport turndown cart with cleaning supplies, turndown/guest room amenities and linens to assigned guest room and position securely.
- Provide turndown service to designated rooms on assignment sheet:
- Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
- Remove all dirty terry and replace with clean par to designated layout.
- Replace soiled bed sheets and make up bed when necessary; turndown bed to resort standards.
- Place specified items in designated locations (turndown amenity/cards, door knob menu.)
- Set radio to designated station and volume.
- Wash dishes and glasses, set up coffee and coffee maker for morning as per standards.
- Lower shades.
- Set lighting and thermostat to designated levels.
- Notify Room Service of trays/tables/items in room.
- Re-hang/Re-fold clothes.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower, and floor.
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Clean guest rooms as assigned following all departmental procedures and standards as specified in Room Attendant.
- Update status of rooms cleaned and turned down on assignment sheet.
- Return and restock closets at end of shift.
- Ensure security of any assigned guest room keys.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the supervisor.
- Turn over any lost and found items from guest rooms to the supervisor.
- Make up cribs and rollaway beds.
- Help fold linens in laundry.
- Restock housekeeping attendant’s closets.
Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Prior resort experience.
- Prior guest relations training.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Team Members will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Madeline Hotel and Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel and Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel and Residences with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs