Set-up pass out line from kitchen prior to service. Organize the food orders to facilitate them reaching the guest in a quick manner. To interface between the line service floor, staff runner and culinary staff to add to the fluid operation of the dining operations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant/bar.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all food garnishes in the Restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of presentation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. system and manual systems.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all department policies/service procedures.
- Complete all opening side duties as assigned.
- Organize assigned station and ensure readiness prior to guest arrival.
- Review daily specials and maintain awareness of 86’d items throughout the shift.
- Take guests’ food and beverage order, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Record order of guest following departmental service procedures.
- Legibly document orders when P.O.S system is down and distribute food orders to kitchen.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest in accordance with departmental standards.
- Understand and anticipate guests’ needs respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all resort services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquires accurately.
- Handle guest complaints following the five step procedure and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Guide the activities of the assigned assistant server, bus-person to ensure optimum service to the guest.
- Clear each course in accordance with departmental standards.
- Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
- Promptly crumb tables after main course is removed.
- Extend appreciation for guests’ patronage.
- Collect and report tips at the end of assigned shift.
- Complete closing slide duties as assigned.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Update menus and wine list.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to manager.
- Attend menu and wine tasting as scheduled.
- Attend all Restaurant staff meetings as scheduled.
Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- 1 year experience in a busy dining room or restaurant
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guest, management and co-workers to their understanding
- High school graduate, some college.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish
- Any previous culinary training
- Certification in alcohol awareness program.
- Certification in CPR
- Computer training on P.O.S. system, preferably Positouch
- Food handling certificate.
- Prior training in guest relations.
- Ability to anticipate and understand guests’ service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to work in a highly charged and stressful environment.
- Ability to suggestively sell restaurant menu items, beverages and wines.
- Ability to maintain good coordination and timing while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting food and beverage guest.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work areas
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40Ibs.
- Ability to a stand and walk for up to 12 hours
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Team Member occupying this position. Team Members will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Madeline Hotel and Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel and Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel and Residences with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs