Takes food and beverage orders to guest rooms according to hotel specifications in a courteous and efficient manner. Assists in the maintenance of the restaurant area and equipment. Assists Room Service order takers as needed.
- Maintain complete knowledge of guest room layout, locations and room name/numbers.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beer and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in Room Service.
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of presentation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Maintain knowledge of POS system and manual systems.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures.
- Answer Room Service phone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Complete all opening and closing side duties as assigned.
- Organize assigned station and ensure readiness prior to guest arrival.
- Review daily specials and maintain awareness of 86’d items throughout the shift.
- Make all varieties of coffee.
- Retrieve all food orders from the kitchen and place on trays.
- Retrieve all beverage orders from the bar and place on trays.
- Occasionally transport trays and hot boxes from Room Service to guest rooms, ensuring all standards of presentation re maintained and no spillage occurs.
- Enter guest room and set-up trays and hot boxes.
- Serve food and beverage items to guests.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Understand and anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/ activities to respond guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Present check to guest for signature/payment.
- Set up and deliver amenities to designated rooms.
- Transport all tray and hot boxes from guest’s rooms as assigned.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Extend appreciation for guests’ patronage.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Planet Auberge program.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Obtain cigars/cigarettes when requested by the guest.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to manager.
- Attend menu and wine tasting as scheduled.
- Give limited assistance to restaurant, bar, pool bar and valet if available.
Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college.
- Previous experience as a Room Service server or equivalent.
- Experience with Room Service order taking.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Ability to communicate in a language other then English, preferably Spanish.
- Any previous culinary training.
- Certification in alcohol awareness program.
- Certification in CPR.
- Knowledge of computerized POS system, preferably Springer Miller.
- Ability to anticipate and understand guest service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to maintain good coordination and timing while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting trays and hot boxes from service areas to guests.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to perform job function with minimal supervision.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Madeline Hotel and Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel and Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel and Residences with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs