Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked tropical fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as a Housekeeping Supervisor for the Madeline Hotel, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by supervising, training and inspecting the performance of room attendants, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the resort’s standards and assisting where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done Within the Auberge family, our leaders our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Verify room status on AM report, report discrepancies; prioritize and update the status of check-out rooms.
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift.
- Identify situations that compromise the department’s standards and delegate these tasks.
- Inspect rooms cleaned by assigned room attendants. Ensure rooms are cleaned to the resort specifications. Follow up on corrections; directly contact room attendant and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Update room status after approving cleanliness and condition in accordance with departmental standards.
- Check vacant rooms, verify and update the status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, fitness center, pool area, offices and service areas after being cleaned by public area attendant, using designated checklists. Ensure that the cleanliness and condition of each area meet designated standards. Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to the Maintenance Department. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Conduct training of staff as assigned.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints by following procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Report disciplinary problems to managers and participate in the counseling of associates.
- Document pertinent information in the department logbook.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with PM Supervisor.
- Experience as a Room Attendant
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Ability to communicate in English with guests, other management and coworkers to their understanding
- The constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time or sit if working at the PBX station.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Madeline Hotel & Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel & Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel & Residences complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a non-management position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs