Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked tropical fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as a Banquet Manager for the Madeline Hotel, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by overseeing all aspects of banquet functions, in accordance with hotel standards, and directing, implementing, and maintaining a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring Assistant Manager who is ready for a greater role and responsibility as a Banquet Manager.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done Within the Auberge family, our leaders our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Maintain complete knowledge of all Madeline Banquet specific information, i.e. event space layout, table set-ups. room capacity, etc.
- Establish par levels for supplies, liquor, beer, wine, and equipment.
- Complete and direct scheduled inventories.
- Complete quarterly of all banquet related materials.
- Ensure the inspection and planning of materials and equipment for the readiness of service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Inspect banquet set-up, attractiveness and layout; ensuring agreement with function order and departmental standards; resolve any problems.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Ensure assignment of work and side duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Identify situations that compromise the department's standards and delegate these tasks.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Assist banquet staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards.
- Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to hotel standards.
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll and tip distribution records.
- Screen and Interview banquet applicants.
- Write and perform reviews for banquet staff as scheduled and forward to the Director of Food & Beverage for final approval.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for each scheduled function, i.e. menu selections, group’s particular choices, special requests, group’s payment arrangements, etc.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Retrieve and organize Event Orders according to departmental standards. Make note of changes as received from catering and post sheets for the next 7 days.
- Meet with the Executive Chef to review the scheduled group’s menu and equipment requirements. Ensure agreement of delivery times, amounts and special arrangements.
- Meet group coordinator/host prior to the function, make an introduction and ensure that all arrangements are agreeable.
- Greet guests upon arrival at function and assist in seating as required by the group in accordance with departmental standards.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Promote positive guest relations at all times.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints by using discretion to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Banquet Manager will also help cover the multiple F&B outlets on days there is no business in the Banquets Department.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Banquet Manager/Supervisor, or equivalent.
- TIPS certification required.
- Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, to include weekends and evenings as needed for the benefit of departmental coverage.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Mayflower Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Mayflower Inn & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mayflower Inn & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs