Responsible for the direction and management of all FB Outlets in accordance with hotel standards. Directs, implements, and maintains a service standard and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. Responsible for all facets of FB service - including, but not limited to, revenue achievement, cost control, payroll management, purchasing, receiving, budgeting, forecasting, standard development/maintenance, and staff hiring and development
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All menu selections available in all outlets.
- The department’s financial standing at all times (month-to-date and year-to-date).
- Restaurants layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacities, hours of operation, price ranges, and dress code.
- POS and manual procedures.
- Daily house counts, arrivals/departures, GIRs.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Daily/weekly management of missed punches, punch edits and weekly gratuity management per Hotel Jerome policy and Colorado law.
- Associate handbook-Enforce and adhere to Hotel policies.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- See that scheduled inventories (food, beverage, china, glass, silver & linen) are accurately performed.
- Approve all Outlets service-related invoices. Ensure that invoices are coded correctly and are forwarded to Accounting Office in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all revenues and costs are within budgeted parameters.
- Review sales for previous day; resolve discrepancies with accounting. Track revenue against budget. Track labor and costs against the budget.
- Write and review staff schedules. Ensure that they are in accordance with anticipated business demands.
- Attend all pre-shift meetings while on property.
- Approve all non-food and non-beverage, food & beverage item purchase orders.
- Constantly monitor FB staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to department standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Responsible for all FB staff performance evaluations, making sure they are completed on a timely basis.
- Collaborate with Executive Chef on all menus; this is to include: development, presentation, pricing, pre-implementation tasting, and implementation.
- Inspect all aspects of the F&B environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Direct respective personnel to rectify deficiencies.
- Review the restaurant reservations. Check for special requests. Ensure that staff is informed.
- Be familiar with all resort service/features and local attractions and activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct appropriate daily, weekly, monthly staff meetings.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and associate morale.
- Oversee the development of annual F&B budget; this is to include: average checks (food, liquor/beer and wine) and cover counts by outlet and by meal period, labor (staffing guides) by department, cost of sale percentages, and other expenses.
- Set pars for china/glass/silver & linen for FB outlets as needed.
- Collect the information to track monthly interdepartmental transfers. Forward to Accounting Office.
- Provide monthly wine sales information to Director of Operations.
- Confer with Director of Operations on wine programming and any and all changes in direction of wines by the glass, or wine list items proposed by Sommelier.
- Stay current on industry trends and competition.
- Take necessary steps to ensure achievement of all financial goals.
- Determine all F&B pricing, corkage charges, etc.
- Participate in and support resort and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Planet Auberge program.
- Plays a key role in the training, development and discipline of staff with input from department managers. .
- Supervise F&B staff in their work, maintaining high performance levels.
- Train, develop and discipline staff with input from department managers.
- Assists in the recruitment and hiring of new employees for F&B
- Communicate with staff regularly. Seek out staffs’ opinion for improving operations.
- Responsible for conducting daily inspection of F&B operational areas and storage facilities, providing the Director of Operations with a daily report identifying problems and listing action taken to fix problem.
- Conduct weekly departmental breakthroughs and follows up to ensure cleanliness and organization remain a priority in all front of house and storage areas
- Enforce and upgrade service standards, procedures and policies.
- Assist in planning and executing all special holidays and functions.
- Act as a liaison between F&B and other departments when exploring new business opportunities, creating P&Ls, business plans, etc. to analyze viability of new amenities, products, services.
- Constantly bench marking our operation vs. other leading hotels and restaurants.
- Meet with Director of Operations weekly to inform of progress on given projects and to determine future assignments.
- Attend and contribute input to bi-weekly staff meetings and weekly food and beverage meetings.
- Recommend purchases to the Director of Operations, keeping up with industry trends and making improvements for the division.
- Complete reports, projects and paperwork as assigned on a timely basis
- Responsible for liquor and beer costs, storing and distribution procedures for the division, reporting any discrepancies to the Director of Operations.
- Assist in the budgeting process and long term planning for all F&B operations.
- Provide monthly recap of financial performance of the division.
- Monitor labor costs for food and beverage operations, reporting variations to Director of Operations. Identifying revenue generating and expense saving opportunities and implementing programs once approved by Director of Operations.
- Implements and oversees sales incentive programs impacting overall F&B revenue.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Madeline Hotel and Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel and Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel and Residences with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs