Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as a Sous Chef for the Madeline Hotel, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring outstanding experiences at all times. This position will oversee the morning shift supporting production with the responsibility to assist in Banquets, for the following outlets :
- Black Iron
- M Lounge
- In-Room Dining
- Pool Bar
- Food cart
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Assist in obtaining financial goals.
- Assist in directing and correcting the presentation and portioning of food according to Auberge’s standards.
- Assist in the responsibility to select, train, supervise, develop, discipline and counsel employees in accordance with Auberge’s Company policies and procedures.
- Communicate daily with the Executive Chef for an update regarding planning, staffing, and internal procedures.
- Communicate directly with banquet manager or captain for the guest count, special request and timing of food functions to attain the highest guest satisfaction.
- Complete all assigned paperwork accurately and timely.
- Complete daily food requisition and oversee specials utilizing and buildup of overstock.
- Maintain work areas clean and organized.
- Order food quantities and oversee production for banquet food operations with purchasing, management, and Executive Chef.
- Participate in the banquet (PDR) functions from planning to preparation to dish up of function.
- Report unsafe conditions immediately.
- Assist in directing staff in sanitation and sanitary food handling.
- Assist in scheduling staff according to business levels.
- Conduct daily walk-through of all walk-in refrigerators, storage rooms, and food lines to ensure rotation, usage, cleanliness and proper sanitation.
- Maintain and monitor overtime, labor and food costs.
- Perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
- Prepare and train staff in the use of working menus, recipe cards, and photo standards.
- Assist in conducting performance appraisals.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Ability to understand financial goals and accomplish them.
- Minimum 2 years Sous Chef experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of cooking experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
- Minimum 4 years of kitchen management experience.
- College degree or certification in culinary field/hospitality field preferred.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Madeline Hotel & Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel & Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel & Residences complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs