Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
The Madeline Hotel & Residences, an Auberge Resorts Collection, is ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, is the stunning alpine resort above the historic town of Telluride, Colorado. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel finely blends Auberge’s distinctive flair for authentic and elevated experiences with the local flavor of the destination. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline features guest rooms and suites and one- to four-bedroom residential condominiums that offer expansive Mountain Village views and sophisticated alpine amenities. At the helm of the resort’s culinary program is Chef Bill Greenwood who brings his expertise to the hotel’s signature restaurant, Black Iron Kitchen + Bar, delivering Rocky Mountain flavors with the pioneering essence of the American West. Additional amenities include: the best ski-in/ski-out access in town; slope-side Ski Valet offering seamless service and state-of-the-art equipment; the 4,000-square-foot Sky Terrace featuring a heated outdoor swimming pool, hot tubs, fire pits and al fresco lounge; The Madeline Ice Rink; the 3,000-square-foot M Lounge featuring a game room, outdoor fire tables and an indoor/outdoor bar; an alpine-inspired spa and salon, along with yoga, Pilates, and personal training studio. In November 2018, Madeline introduced Sleeping Indian Ranch, a 30,000-acre ranch in the San Juan Mountains, to its unique residential portfolio.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as General Manager for the Madeline Hotel & Residences in Telluride, Colorado. The General Manager is the primary leadership role at the hotel, leading a team to drive extraordinary performance in all areas of the operation. This role sets the strategic direction ensuring alignment with our luxury standards and values. Serves as the coach and champion of all team members, attracting new talent, developing their skills capabilities, and maintains a strong culture. This role is a consummate host – serving as the Ambassador and key spokesperson for the hotel, nurturing relationships with the community.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
- Serves as the consummate host for guests and residences, present in the operation and in the front of house
- Responsible for maximizing the return on investment to the owner by achieving the objectives of
- the annual budget, business plan, marketing plan and strategic initiatives in all areas of the operation, guest service, team member engagement and profitability
- Provides the highest quality guest service and product, a positive work environment for all team members and creates soulful journey experiences and programs
- Has full accountability for the successful implementation of the Company’s strategies and goals
- Responsible for the financial performance of the hotel and residences
- Develops an operating culture with a mindset towards performance, quality, lean operating techniques and bottom line results.
- Tirelessly drives continuous improvement in all areas of the resort.
- On-going involvement in the day to day operational challenges with strong follow-through to drive results
- Leads inspiring and thoughtful daily rallies
- Responsible for resort compliance to all Auberge Resorts brand standards.
- Review and approve all operating expenses for the resort
- Attracts, mentors and develops talent; ensures development of people is happening throughout the hotel operation
- Interview all candidates in final consideration for management level positions.
- Conduct final interview of all guest contact staff.
- Respond to residential owner requests, leading role in residential board meetings
- Ensures the resort is compliant with local health and safety codes, company guest service, product and brand standards, policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Is driven, innovative and passionate about being a host and leader of a hotel in the mountains
- Has a curious mind, is a strong multi-tasker who finds opportunities and creates solutions
- “Rolls-up their sleeves” to get it done and inspires others with their vision and acumen
- Has a strong understanding of the style, design and nuance of luxury that is required to create a distinctive brand
- Collaborative and has strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal English communication skills; computer literate.
- Strong organizational skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Positive, honest, and energetic work ethic
- Ability to present clear, concise and meaningful information to owners, guests, executives, managers and employees.
- Ability to coach and mentor at all levels
- Ability to analyze, interpret and understand financial data.
- Ability to solve practical and complex problems.
- Ability to travel to other resorts, home office as needed.
- 10+ years progressive experience in hotel operations management
- Proven expertise at successfully driving the performance of a luxury hotel
- Experience in driving sales & marketing, strong operations background
- Experience leading teams
- Experience in the mountains and in residences
- BS/BA in business management or hotel management
- Spanish language skills
- Operational background in Food & Beverage
- Demonstrated success in building brands and delivering results (ideally smaller independent brand)
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs