Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Telluride, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Director of Housekeeping reports directly to the Director of Rooms and is responsible for the strategic direction of the Housekeeping Operation, execution of day-to-day operations, guidance to the overall guest experience and team member engagement.
- Maintain product and service standards in line with Auberge, Madeline Hotel and Residences / Forbes expectations. Create an operating environment that elevates and assures consistent guest satisfaction.
- Ensure the highest possible degree of cleanliness, maintenance and aesthetic value is achieved in guest rooms, public areas, restaurant, bar, spa and pool.
- Manage daily room assignments and inspections, actively partner with Guest Services to ensure guest expectations and preferences are met.
- Conduct effective guest experience evaluation processes, investigate and monitor guest complaints and implement efficient problem resolution. Compile guest information from multiple touchpoints to address areas for service opportunities.
- Elevate the personalized guest experience through maintenance and use of guest preference data in the HMS guest profiles. Monitor the performance of the hotel through verification, maintenance, and analysis of HMS, HotSOS and Unifocus.
- Proactively recruit and hire top talent. Develop and implement department training. Onboard new hires/rehires, provide continuous education and develop for career progression.
- Elevate team performance through effective feedback and team accountability. Communicate, recognize and celebrate for team member engagement.
- Develop, implement, maintain and monitor department process and procedures. Evaluate overall effectiveness and propose change as needed. Coach and counsel team for maximum performance and accountability. Work collaboratively with hotel departments to effectively manage hotel processes and procedures.
- Maintain department financial controls. Maximize revenue, minimize expenses including labor forecast and all aspects of department budget. Manage daily, weekly and monthly reporting. Maintain accurate and up to date inventory for the Housekeeping department.
- Serve as a role model to our ENRICH values.
The ideal candidate will have;
Minimum of three to five years Housekeeping leadership experience in luxury hotel brand
Working knowledge of hospitality departments: Housekeeping, Guest Services, Engineering, Laundry, Residential Services.
Bachelor’s degree, Hospitality or Business Administration preferred or equivalent experience
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.Madeline Hotel & Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel & Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel & Residences complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs