Whether traveling on a ski trip to Telluride or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Plan, prepare, set up and provide high quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in designated outlets on and off property. Direct, train and supervise performance of all Cooks and Stewards. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of all food related work areas and equipment.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and resort requirements strictly
enforce policy with all members of the culinary team - KEEP YOUR KITCHEN CLEAN!
2. Manage culinary area and staff assigned; Banquet, Breakfast/lunch, Dinner, Prep & Stewarding.
Communicate problems and concerns promptly with the Chef de Cuisine.
3. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and
tools only as intended, safely and properly.
4. Maintain complete knowledge of and direct compliance with all departmental/resort policies and
5. Meet with Chef de Cuisine to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other
information pertinent to job performance and direction of culinary associates.
6. Work with Chef de Cuisine on menu changes and enhancements.
7. Attend and contribute to monthly culinary meetings
8. Review banquet event orders and make note of any changes; post all function orders for each
respective 7 day week.
9. Ensure that scheduled staff has reported to work; document, and, if necessary discipline, any late or
10. Coordinate breaks for scheduled staff, as necessary.
11. Prepare/assign production and prep work for all Cooks and inspect for completion.
12. Prioritize all tasks and ensure they are completed in a correct and timely fashion.
13. Communicate additions and changes to daily kitchen assignments before or as they arise during
14. Ensure that all shift(s) complete all mise en place necessary to conduct their respective service.
15. Ensure that staff completes functions in a timely fashion for the required service.
16. Ensure completion of opening duties:
o Set up work station with proper tools, mise en place and equipment according to kitchen
standards, as necessary.
o Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure that
everything complies with kitchen standards.
o Check production schedule and daily pars. Ensure that daily production is organized,
prioritized and on track.
o Order or Inform Chef de Cuisine of any items /supplies needed for the day’s tasks as necessary.
o Restock dry goods, fresh products, cooking wines in the appropriate areas as per need.
o Ensure that all orders are properly received, inspected and put away in an orderly and timely
o Fabricate proteins necessary for impending service.
17. Inspect and maintain the cleanliness and organization of kitchen and all workstations. Rectify any
18. Check P.O.S. terminals and ensure that ALL printers have paper and are in working order.
19. Inform Chef de Cuisine and/or Front of the House Manager and service staff of any shortages or
86’d items affecting the restaurant menu(s). Keep Front of House abreast of quantities of any
specials or items that may run out BEFORE they run out.
20. Conduct daily line up with all front and back of house Team Members. Communicate all necessary
information necessary for the day’s service
21. Assist Cooks whenever necessary to ensure the highest quality items are reaching our guests.
Assistance should be given BEFORE a situation becomes critical.
22. Organize and maintain production via prep lists and/or production lists as formulated by the Chef
23. Maintain proper storage of all products as specified by Health Department, Exec. Chef and Hotel
24. Direct and assist stewards in order to make clean-up efficient.
25. Minimize waste and maintain controls in product utilization in order to attain forecasted food cost.
26. Supervise breakdown work station and completion closing duties according to department
a) Return all food items in clean containers to proper storage areas.
b) Rotate food items as necessary.
c) LABEL AND DATE ALL FOOD ITEMS ALWAYS!
d) Organize all storage areas.
e) Clean food prep areas and work stations, reach-ins, walk-in and shelves.
f) Ice down any hot items (sauces, stocks, soups, etc.) and put away when cool.
g) Turn off all equipment.
h) Ensure that closing steward(s) are on track with closing clean-up.
1. 2 years minimum experience as a Junior Sous Chef
2. Ability to competently work all stations in kitchen.
3. Food handling certificate.
4. Able to compute basic mathematical calculations.
5. Ability to communicate in English with co-workers, guests and management to their understanding.
6. Ability to provide legible communication.
7. Versatility, discipline, organization, strong work ethic and sense of teamwork.
1. High School diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Prior Sous Chef or supervisory experience.
3. Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship.
4. Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish.
5. Current sanitation training certificate
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Madeline Hotel & Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel & Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel & Residences complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We offer competitive rewards, training and career development. Our benefit package includes health insurance options, flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement account with a Company contribution, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel & Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection, ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, is the stunning alpine resort above the historic town of Telluride, Colorado. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel finely blends Auberge’s distinctive flair for authentic and elevated experiences with the local flavor of the destination. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline features guest rooms and suites and one- to four-bedroom residential condominiums that offer expansive Mountain Village views and sophisticated alpine amenities. At the helm of the resort’s culinary program is Chef Bill Greenwood who brings his expertise to the hotel’s signature restaurant, Black Iron Kitchen + Bar, delivering Rocky Mountain flavors with the pioneering essence of the American West. Additional amenities include: the best ski-in/ski-out access in town; slope-side Ski Valet offering seamless service and state-of-the-art equipment; the 4,000-square-foot Sky Terrace featuring a heated outdoor swimming pool, hot tubs, fire pits and al fresco lounge; The Madeline Ice Rink; the 3,000-square-foot M Lounge featuring a game room, outdoor fire tables and an indoor/outdoor bar; an alpine-inspired spa and salon, along with yoga, Pilates, and personal training studio. In November 2018, Madeline introduced Sleeping Indian Ranch, a 30,000-acre ranch in the San Juan Mountains, to its unique residential portfolio.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Auberge Resorts, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs