Department: Quality Control
Reports To: Director of Support Operations
Responsible for the development and implementation of a QA/QC Program. Direct and supervise project quality control activities to ensure compliance with continually developing Company standards and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuously improve the Quality Department and QA/QC Program.
- Establish QC standards for documentation of all work performed by McCarl’s, including:
- Piping fabrication (all materials)
- Piping installation (all materials)
- Electrical power installation up to 13.8 kv
- Rotating equipment setting, alignment, and balancing
- Structural steel- platforms and skids
- Concrete (oversight of subcontractors)
- Plan, direct, supervise, implement and, (when necessary) perform project quality control activities in compliance with established Company standards and procedures, applicable codes, industry standards and client specifications.
- Keep Code Certificates current (R, S, U, PP Stamps).
- Coordinate quality control program with jobsite departments/contractors.
- Implement quality control procedures, inspection instructions, control measuring and test equipment.
- Coordinate quality control inspections.
- Provide necessary interface with customer’s representatives on all aspects of quality.
- Provide verification of material receipts.
- Perform inspections and witness tests applicable to discipline to determine acceptability of work as required.
- Monitor subcontractor work to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, and codes when applicable.
- Review client QA requirements and implement compliance.
- Maintain work performance records, inspection records, and other related items to ensure correctness.
- Determine and recommend the extent of a Quality Control Program which will meet modern requirements.
- Publish manuals for internal use and for customer review.
- Provide training for craftsmen and management specific to jobsite requirements.
- Assure assigned QA/QC inspectors are fully trained and certified for the inspections being conducted.Establish a roster of personnel who have the required qualifications and can be drawn upon as needed.
- Inform management team of all changing codes and standards.
- Keep abreast of problems and solutions that occur throughout the industry.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor.
- This position has functional supervisory responsibility over the work of the Quality Control Inspectors.
- Responsible for the evaluation of supervisory staff and oversees the performance of the assigned work force.
- BS in Welding Engineering or equivalent technical education.
- Ten (10) years of technical training and/or related experience required in quality assurance in the construction industry.
- Working knowledge of NDT equipment and procedures.
- Knowledge of all codes and standards (e.g., API, AWS, ASME, PFI) and know how to interpret them.
- Knowledge of all welding processes.
- Knowledge of all piping materials and joining procedures (carbon steel, alloys, fiberglass).
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance documentation.
- Experience managing personnel.
- Qualified as an AWS certified weld inspector (CWI).
- Level II or III NDE certification.
- Demonstrate skills critical for managerial success, including leadership, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment and developed personal, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to attain and promote good customer relationships (both internal and external).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical and scientific journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write presentations that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Advanced in computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Basic in PowerPoint.
This position requires over-the-road travel with overnight stays to assigned project locations. Up to 50% travel (with 2/3 day travel and 1/3 overnight travel).
Working Environment & Required Personal Protective Equipment:
Office & job site environments. For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in typical office environment. While at job sites, employees must use personal protective equipment as deemed necessary by the industry/construction safety standards and/or by McCarl’s safety policy and procedures.
Department: Quality Control
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs