The Manual Lathe/Mill Operator prepares, maintains and operates assigned lathesmills to produce precision machined parts with tight tolerances; sets-up equipment to production specifications, blueprints and written work instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 3 to 5 years in manufacturing, as well as job shop experience.
- Ability to read micrometers, calipers and precision instruments to check dimensions and materials to assure finished parts conform to work order.
- Assure paperwork is accurate and make good use of consumable tools..
- Experience troubleshooting problems and resolving machining issues.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a commitment to producing high quality and accurate work.
- Understanding of tooling equipment and processes.
- Willingness to work 4, 10.5 hour days on 2nd shift with a 3 day weekend and some overtime.
- Knowledge of ISO/AS standards
- High school diploma or GED.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Manufacturing environment. Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment; Ability to position self to move, install/takeout, adjust, position, measure, and handle materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & 401k. Paid holidays/vacation.
Mi-Tech Tungsten Metals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs