The Press Operator sets up hydraulic presses, weighs powder and presses parts in accordance with instructions on the production document. Maintains a clean, well organized work area.
The Furnace Operator prepares parts for furnace, checks and adjusts furnaces to produce parts in accordance with instructions on the production document and prepares parts for the next operation.
The Centerless Grinder Operator prepares, operates and maintain grinding equipment to grind parts in accordance with instructions on the production document and prepares parts for the next operation.
MANUFACTURING OPERATOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Review material/equipment requirements as designated by MTM Traveler
- Ensure that material is produced in accordance with instructions on MTM Traveler
- Perform in-process inspection and regular spot checks of parts
- Uses calipers and micrometers to check dimensions of parts to assure finished parts conform to specifications.
- Maintains part integrity throughout process
- Assure paperwork is accurate and document work.
- Assure that safety precautions are observed at all times including the use of safety glasses, safety shoes, ear protection (if applicable) and machine guards.
- Knowledge of and training in ISO9001:2000/AS9100 standard procedures and MTM Quality Policy.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Basic mechanical aptitude (testing involved).
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 to 3 years related experience running production equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to communicate appropriately with Managers, Supervisors and peers in a professional manner
- Uses good judgment in decisions regarding process and problem solving.
- Ability to work safely in a manufacturing environment. Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Ability to position self to move, install/takeout, adjust, position, measure, and handle materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & 401k. Paid holidays/vacation.
Mi-Tech Tungsten Metals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs