The UTILITY ASSOCIATE safely and efficiently operates grinder, tumbler, straightener, and saws to produce parts in accordance with instructions on the production document. Maintains a clean, well organized work area. Uses precision measuring instruments to check dimensions of parts to assure finished parts conform to specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Assure paperwork is accurate and document work.
- Notify supervisor if machinery is not operating effectively.
- Assure that safety precautions are observed at all times including the use of safety glasses, safety shoes, ear protection (if applicable) and machine guards.
- Knowledge of and training in ISO9001:2000/AS9100 standard procedures and MTTM Quality Policy.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Basic mechanical aptitude (testing involved).
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 to 3 years related experience running production equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to communicate appropriately with Managers, Supervisors and peers in a professional manner
- Uses good judgment in decisions regarding process and problem solving.
- Ability to work safely in a manufacturing environment. Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Ability to position self to move, install/takeout, adjust, position, measure, and handle materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to work an off shift.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & 401k. Paid holidays/vacation
Mi-Tech Tungsten Metals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position