Reading and interpreting technical blueprints, inputting design specifications, programming of CNC work centers, adjusting machine cutting paths, and performing quality checks on the final product. Engage in product development and engineering. Maintain CNC documentation in an organized manner. Train CNC operators on proper set up of machining centers. Perform routine machine maintenance and troubleshoot any issues that arise during the manufacturing process.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Follow relevant MTTM procedures and the MTTM Quality Policy
· Plans, directs, and coordinates CNC and manual machining processes.
· Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, and quality control standards.
· Coordinate with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
· Coordinate with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
· Plans CNC program to control contour-path machining of metal parts on automatic machine tools: Analyzes drawings, sketches, and design data of part to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates, according to knowledge of machine shop processes, part specifications, and machine capabilities.
· Design and/or modify machine fixtures and equipment used for production.
· Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
· Training new staff on machine operation procedures.
Complete additional duties as assigned by MTTM management
· 5+ years’ work experience in manufacturing.
· 3+ years’ experience as a CNC programmer.
· Extensive experience with computer modeling software - Autodesk Inventor preferred
· CAM - Mastercam preferred
· Experience programming multi-axis, dual spindle lathes.
· Experience programming 4 axis vertical machining centers.
· A firm understanding of Fanuc Macro B Programming.
· Proficiency in the use and application of GD&T.
· Must have strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to work after hours when required.
Ability to communicate effectively.
This is a full time position