Job Overview: The CNC Programming Engineer primarily reads and interprets customer drawings and programs CNC work centers. He or she also problem solves complex machining issues and maintains organized CNC documentation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and update CNC programs on multi-axis mills and multi-axis, dual-spindle lathes.
- Interpret drawings, sketches, and design data to determine the dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speed and feed rates.
- Collaborate with Production to solve and adapt to unanticipated manufacturing disruptions.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods using experience and knowledge that includes product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, and quality control standards.
- Identify, plan, and test new or renovated CNC equipment with consultation from Production and other departments.
- Communicate current and planned manufacturing capabilities to Management and other staff. Communicate other considerations that may affect production options.
- Write instructions and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Support new machining staff training on operation procedures, best practices, and techniques.
- Follow relevant MTTM procedures and the MTTM Quality Policy
- Complete additional duties as assigned by MTTM management
- 5+ years’ work experience in manufacturing.
- 3+ years’ experience as a CNC programmer.
- Extensive experience with computer modeling software - Autodesk Inventor preferred
- CAM - Mastercam preferred
- Experience programming multi-axis, dual spindle lathes.
- Experience programming 4 axis vertical machining centers.
- A firm understanding of Fanuc Macro B Programming.
- Proficiency in the use and application of GD&T.
- A strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently.
- The ability to work after hours when required.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs